So recently I read a couple of articles, some good, and a couple terrible in regards to mental disorders, and I would like to share with you some of them and my reviews about them! Enjoy 🙂
This first one is a very good one, its an article in regards to how some artistic genes can be linked to mental disorders! Interesting right?
Creativity May Be Genetically Linked with Psychiatric Disorders
So if you or someone you know is in an artistic profession or environment, STOP what you’re doing and check this out. This article talks about how a very high percentage of people who work in the artistic field or are surrounded by it have a bigger chance of acquiring a mental disorder such as bipolar or schizophrenia!
- So if you live in an artistic society you have a 17% higher risk off carrying a mental disorder variant.
- If you work in an artistic profession you have a staggering 25% risk off carrying a genetic variant linked to psychiatric disorders.
Interesting right? Well not only that but we don’t really know what sort of creative gene they are talking about, so don’t panic. Many people consider themselves creative, and others just work in creative environments, so who really are the 17% and 25% of people? Well you should read the article to find out!
The article below was one off the terrible articles I read…not only did it use a mental disorder as a way to insult a company but the cartoon drawn for it was also tasteless.
Is Apple Bipolar?
This article hopefully is just a joke, simply because its offensive. The author Charlie White wrote this article in regards to the apple stocks. He justifies his claims of the “Apple stocks” going up and down by calling them “Bipolar”.
- This article does not contribute anything into research, and its poorly written and named.
- The way he used a mental disorder as an adjective in trying to offend a company was very unprofessional.
- I could only ask myself after reading his article, “is this a joke?”
Sadly he is not the first not the last that will use a mental disorder as a form of expression. His article did not have any depth, and was very disappointing. click me for some laughs!
This article below was my absolute favorite article! It not only talks about a great event for a great cause, but also mentions the great non profit organization behind it! Check it out guys!!!!
The Beautiful, Colourful Way Australia Supports World Mental Health Day
If you love surfing, or the beach this is a great article to read! Not only does this article talk about an incredible event that is hosted weekly by a great non profit organization called One Wave, but it also introduces you to them and their cause.
- One Wave is an non-profit organization designed to help fight the back stigma of mental disorders.
- They focus on bringing awareness to the cause by hosting events, like “mental health days” and spreading love and support.
- Some of the amazing ways they help many people with mental disorders is by giving them support through communication and surfing.
Like I said before if you love surfing or going to the beach, and a great cause you guys should check One Wave out. You could really make a difference in someones life! Oh and one more thing, if you or a loved one have a mental disorder and need support they also have a great people in their organization that would love to hear you out. Here is the link to One Waves website Click me! Also this amazing article can be found by Clicking ME!!!!