Hi guys! I know some of you are still laying in bed from that food coma that thanksgiving seems to put us in, or exhausted from all the black Friday shopping! The stress of November is gone for most of you but for people with bipolar disorder it’s still probably lingering in the air, just like the smell of fresh Christmas trees.The holidays are not the easiest for people with bipolar disorder sadly. The stress of making the perfect meal, or finding that special gift, even meeting new people can trigger an episode! So I’m going to give you some tips on how to survive the holidays, and also give you some helpful links that will provide further information!
- Black Friday sales are super stressful and being around a lot of people can bring upon some not so desired moods, my tip is to shop online. Shopping online takes away the stress from having to wait in long lines, or witnessing some very unwanted things at Walmart at 4am on black Friday.
- Don’t worry about creating the “perfect meal”, you do your best and people will love it.
- Keep occupied, look up DIY videos and let your creativity take away any stress or bad moods.
- DONT OVERSPEND or OVERTHINK too much. Make a list, check it twice, and stick to it.
- Try to surround yourself with people you love, and that won’t cause you any stress.
- Lastly if you still feel an episode about to come on, call your doctor. Don’t hesitate just because you have company coming over, your health is always number one.
So those are my personal tips for surviving the holidays! I know I used all of them this Thanksgiving. Trust me, shopping online is number one on my list for a reason. Anyways here are also some very helpful links with some more info on how to survive the Holidays!